The following measures should be taken prior to your scheduled inspection in order to maximize the accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness of a mold inspection. This way we can better serve you and get to the true root cause of the problems!
- Avoid Exterior Ventilation – Close exterior windows and doors for 24-48 hours prior to inspection to allow accumulation of potential volatile organic compounds that may be present. Since lab results and environmental readings are compared with outdoor fungal levels, we recommend keeping ventilation to a minimum.
- Remove clutter from under sink areas in bathrooms, kitchens, and other areas where mold may be suspected.
- Avoid heavy cleaning such as vacuuming, dusting, or sweeping for 24-48 hours.
- Avoid spraying chemicals such as Lysol, bleach, Simple Green, etc. for 48 hours.
- Turn off air purifiers, air cleaners, humidifiers or dehumidifiers for 24-48 hours.
- No construction for 24-48 hours as it generates dust and particles that will affect air and surface contact readings.